ibanez rg2027xl review

Ibanez RG2027XL Prestige Electric Guitar, 7-String (with Case). Ibanez offers electric guitars, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, effect and pedals, amps, plus guitar accessories like tuners, straps and picks. Lastly, we plugged the Ibanez RG2027XL into our ENGL Powerball II. No, but it was still a good, useful sound and added more versatility to a modern metal machine. Here's what Ibanez say about the RG2027XL: Ibanez once manufactured a 7-string RG with a 27-inch scale neck and, to this day, there are still a lot of requests for the return of that model. Details. Ibanez has once again risen to meet the changing needs of today’s heavy player with the introduction of the new RG2027XL. This fabulous shred machine answers the call perfectly as a seven string, extended-range (long-scale) guitar with two purposes: inspiring killer riffs and sending the user to the dentist to re-glue their fillings. 2x DiMarzio Fusion Edge humbuckers in combination with the long scale provide an extremely tight sound, which reproduces every note with precise response … Ibanez treated those demands with respect and recreated the 7-string RG, now with modern specifications. $1,799.99. I was so worried it wouldn’t suit me but turned out to be the purchase ever. Someone purchasing this guitar is likely buying the instrument knowing fully that they want this kind of instrument, so for those players the choice is easy. Position three is both pickups full, position four is the neck pickup in parallel, and finally position five is the neck in serial. A pair of DiMarzio Fusion Edge 7 humbuckers ensure high output and searing clarity. You might also be interested in... Ibanez Guitars Electric Guitars 7 String Electric Guitars Ibanez 2019 Ibanez RG ... We'll get in touch when the Ibanez RG2027XL … BOSS and Sola Sound Unite to Reimagine the Iconic Sola Sound Tone Bender MK II ... Line 6 Introduces Helix 3.0 Firmware Major Updates that Include Polyphonic Pitch Effects. Video. RG2027XLDTB_F1918198. The RG2027XL is the long-awaited answer to the prayers of some of rock’s most … The RG2027XL is the long-awaited answer to the prayers of some of rock’s most cutting-edge artists. A temporary customer reference number is assigned to each customer only while they are shopping on It was like having some extra leverage on the guitar that didn’t previously exist. We LOVE these, and they get passed around the Musicplayers.com studio frequently to tweak all of our instruments. Even for wide bends and dives, the tremolo was smooth and returned to zero perfectly. Coming from both a typical 24 3/4 “ and 25 ½” scale length, the make-it or break-it usability test for us is easily the 27” scale length. The 27-inch scale neck optimizes the rich, thick tone of down-tuning while maintaining proper string tension. Ibanez is one of those companies and makes very inexpensive and budget friendly guitars and musical equipment such as amplifiers and effects pedals for the budgted musician at hand. This guitar deserves to be on the modern metal player’s short list for seven-string guitars, regardless of scale length. It’s far easier to get around without having to cram our fingers into tightly spaced frets. Recorded through PreSonus Studio 192 interface into Pro Tools 2018 using Line 6 Helix Native. This 5-piece Maple/Wenge neck delivers rock-solid stability, even … The 5 … In the case of this guitar, the 12th fret feels like a typical guitar’s seventh fret. Not all ebony has to be black! Or $21 /month^ with 48 month financing* Limited Time. With the dropped tuning of this guitar, the ENGL served up modern metal (and classic) tones splendidly. (0 Reviews) $1,099.99. Our shredding required something of a mental shift. I did, but they've now been removed. The 5-piece maple/wenge neck is carved into Ibanez's Wizard-7 … Ibanez treated those demands with respect and recreated the 7-string RG, now with modern specifications. The neck profile was as expected. We have several examples of Edge and Lo Pro Edge tremolos in our collection and have grown to appreciate them. They told me I had a unidentifiable code attached to my order. We plugged the Ibanez RG2027XL straight into our interface and decided to have some fun with our Line 6 Helix Native plug-in. A 430mm fretboard (translates to a little over a 16” radius for those who don’t speak metric) compliments a 48mm width at the nut and a 68mm width at the 24th fret. So smooth and easy and it will actually make you a better player! Ibanez relies on a Basswood body in the sleek RG design, while the screwed, 5-piece neck is in the fast "Wizard-7" profile and uses Maple/Wenge. Power chords were earth moving, and through the Mark V there was no flub to be found, even with our bass levels dialed in on the higher side. Called to find out what was going on. It excel in a creating such a high demand and a great market for good sounding and playable music equipment. This guitar has been used by many metal bands, including Monuments’ John Browne , Daaths’ Eyal Levi (which I’ve been fortunate enough to play), as well as Vildhjartas’ Daniel Bergström . The 5-piece Maple/Wenge neck delivers rock-solid stability, even with the increased tension of the longer scale. The Edge bridges have a notoriously light feel to them. Considering the whole point of an extended range guitar is to actually extend its range beyond normal parameters, we figured it was worth a shot to try and tune the low B to drop A tuning. When we play a scale in the 12th position we are expecting appropriate fret spacing that we have grown accustomed to. The Ibanez RG2027XL Prestige (MSRP $2,399.99) sells for $1,799.99. Playing down in the first position, we found the fret spacing extremely generous and seemingly vast. New. ), it’s definitely one of those “nice” cases you never want to take to a gig and opt to transport the instrument in something of far less sophisticated beauty. Jumbo nickel frets with Ibanez’s Prestige fret treatment and a beautiful piece of Macassar Ebony with offset dots running up the bass side of the fretboard round out the details. It was a bit of a stretch for those of us with shorter fingers, but after getting used to the scale, there were no issues, and it was actually quite comfortable. Bass Guitar Effects, Pedals & Controller Reviews, Audio Interfaces, Mixers, Mic Preamps, Channel Strips, Hardware Processor Reviews, DAWs, Audio Processing & DSP Hardware Reviews, Recording/Live Sound Effects Processing Reviews, Recording/Live Sound CDs, DVDs & Book Reviews, Guitar Power Amps, Simulators & Modeling Tech Reviews, Rack Effects Processors & Guitar Synth Reviews, Drum Machines and Percussion Modules Reviews, Recording/Live Sound Audio Interfaces: USB, Thunderbolt Firewire Reviews, Recording/Live Sound Mixing Board Reviews, Introducing Acoustik Attak's New Guitar and Bass 'Attak Piks', New Sabre Guitar Announced By Ernie Ball Music Man, IK Multimedia ARC Advanced Room Correction System, Monitor Speakers & Calibration Tools Reviews, Furman P-1800 PF R Power Conditioner - A difference you can actually hear, Pedalboard Power Supplies & Accessories Reviews, Vigier Excalibur Shawn Lane Master Signature Electric Guitar, Warren DeMartini: Dangerous But Worth The Interview, Fender Vintage Hot Rod Series '57 Stratocaster. 3.6 stars or better: Outstanding, WIHO Award, 2 stars or better: Suited to specific needs. This is the same tremolo found on our 1990 Ibanez Universe, and if you’ve spent any time in guitar Internet forums, these tremolos are quite sought after and held in extremely high regard. The 27-inch … Ibanez relies on a Basswood body in the sleek RG design, while the screwed, 5-piece neck is in the fast "Wizard-7" profile and uses Maple/Wenge. We uses cookies to improve user … The combination of modern, expert construction and the classic Ibanez RG design has produced an instrument that truly represents the cornerstone of the Ibanez legacy: the RG2027XL. The RG2027XL features a basswood body with white binding bolted to a 27" scale maple and wenge neck with a Macassar ebony fingerboard with 24 stainless steel frets, white binding and offset mother of pearl dot position markers. Although we do not have and cannot locate the specs of our nearly 30-years-old relic, 1990 Ibanez Universe, we find the flat radius and neck dimensions to be somewhat similar and nearly as comfortable as our beloved Universe. Protect your investment with the Long & McQuade Performance Warranty. Decked out in faux gator (fauxagator? The Ibanez Prestige RG2027XL-DTB (Dark Tide Blue) is a 7-string electric guitar with an extended 27" scale. ... Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Electric Guitar (0 Reviews) $1,799.99. Compare Compare Now site8prodL01411. ... Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Electric Guitar (0 Reviews… The RG2027X is a seven string RG series solid body electric guitar model introduced by Ibanez for 2000. Quick View. The RG2027XL features a basswood body with white binding bolted to a 27" scale maple and wenge neck with a Macassar ebony fingerboard with 24 stainless steel frets, white binding and offset mother of … In addition to the standard features above, this model came equipped with Stainless Steel frets! This neck is definitely smoother than our meat-and-potatoes seven string Ibanez RG 7620. I just wanted to share my review … RG2027XL - Ibanez brings back a 27" extended scale 7 strings last seen a decade ago.. SOLD! See all. Ibanez offers electric guitars, bass guitars, acoustic guitars, effect and pedals, amps, plus guitar accessories like tuners, straps and picks. Next, we plugged into our Mesa/Boogie Mark V head that was connected to a Mesa oversized Recto 4x12 cab. Be the first to write a review… ), it’s definitely one of those “nice” cases you never want to take to a gig and opt to transport the instrument in something of far less sophisticated beauty. zZounds.com. Effects provided by a TC Electronic G-System in this setup shined through beautifully as well. Ibanez treated those demands with respect and recreated the 7-string RG, now with modern specifications. Selected materials combined with traditional Far Eastern craftsmanship … For those of you still wondering what it’s all about, the longer scale length is useful for playing in dropped tunings without getting too much slack and flabbiness on your strings. 50 reviews for zZounds, 2.5 stars: 'Was told my package has shipped (which was a lie), never received a shipping number. An unintended side effect was when we went back to regular-scale guitars in a few days, our playing was far smoother and we played faster, and more accurately. - NEXT AVAILABLE NOT DUE TILL 2021. I told them to cancel my order and they disconnected my call. The 5-piece maple/wenge neck is carved into Ibanez's Wizard-7 profile for a comfortable, … The combination of modern, expert construction and the classic Ibanez RG design has produced an instrument that truly represents the cornerstone of the Ibanez legacy: the RG2027XL. Price. What sets apart the 2027XL from most other guitars in its class is the 27” scale length. Soft padding on the inside and hard molding on the outsi… Power chords in drop A were truly inspiring. Product Description The cornerstone of the Ibanez legacy: the RG2027XL features a 27-inch scale neck which optimizes the rich, thick tone of down-tuning while maintaining proper string tension. Next page. This guitar is hands down the best guitar I’ve ever owned and I own a few prestige guitars. An extended scale guitar for this reason alone becomes an excellent trainer to improve your shredding skills. Compare Compare Now site7prodL45500. Considering this has become our best sounding seven string, even rivaling a cherished vintage Universe which retailed for nearly this price 30 years ago, we’d be hard pressed to not call this guitar a fantastic value. I’m in love! Tags: ibanez; ibanez rg 2027xl; joeydego SS.org Regular. A generic, multi-language manual ships with the guitar and describes care and setup. This is a nice touch on these Ibbies, and usually is saved for the Uppercut series. Bruce Sokolovic, Guitars Editor, is a professional guitar player and instructor based in New York City. Ibanez RG2027xl review Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by joeydego, May 17, 2019. The all-basswood body of the RG2027XL is resonant, lightweight, and produces a very well-balanced tonal profile. Ibanez’s RG2027XL features all of the bells and whistles of the RG2077XL, with the added scale length of 27”, and in a humbucker-only configuration. Customer reviews Overall Rating 5 (1 reviews) Clarence L. - 19/8/2019 . The Ibanez Prestige RG2027XL-DTB (Dark Tide Blue) is a 7-string electric guitar with an extended 27" scale. The 2027XL’s five-way switch works in an interesting way for a two-humbucker guitar. The 27-inch scale neck optimizes the rich, thick tone of down-tuning while maintaining proper string tension. Moving on, the Lo-Pro Edge 7 tremolo stayed in tune wonderfully, as expected. And within the massive RG family, different models span different price points to address rock and metal players at every stage of their musical development. Our final thoughts about the guitar’s scale are that we feel most players can benefit from an extended-range instrument. Electric Guitar In the Prestige series we find the upper class instruments of the various Ibanez series. A floating trem is typically not happy about changing string tensions and typically requires adjustment in this scenario. Be the first to write a review. The Ibanez Prestige RG2027XL-DTB (Dark Tide Blue) is a 7-string electric guitar with an extended 27" scale. This guitar has been used by many metal … ... Open quick view dialog for Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Electric Guitar. This is a crafty way to get a wider range of tones out of a dual-humbucking guitar. item 2 Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Dark Tide Blue w/Dimarzio Pickups 2 - Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Dark Tide Blue w/Dimarzio Pickups. The 5-piece Maple/Wenge neck delivers rock-solid stability, even with the increased tension of the longer scale. Catch him live with the Def Leppard tribute band, Adrenalize, or with the '80s tribute band, Rock Kandy. This is probably the most important feature of the guitar, and we have much more to say about this detail later in the review. When no one else would give me a chance to … So, does the 2027XL hit the mark? Add Review. Considering the heavy rock and metal beast this guitar has already proven, this sound adds to its versatility yet remains relevant in the intended genre. The average neck thickness is only about 20mm. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Dropping back to the neck pickup, we found the volume between the two pickups to be roughly the same. These pickups are truly fantastic, and if they were sold separately, we’d probably upgrade one or more of our other Ibanez 7-string guitars with them. Will include all cavity covers, dimarzio cliplok, and tremol-no … Recalling a test session with the Helix set up to output in stereo, we loaded one of our favorite presets based around the Angle Meteor amp model (cleverly named to model the ENGL Fireball). Ibanez RG2027XL RG Prestige 7-String Electric Guitar. Ibanez’s RG2027XL features all of the bells and whistles of the RG2077XL, with the added scale length of 27”, and in a humbucker-only configuration. As expected music equipment while they are shopping on zZounds.com spacing up in the Prestige series find! The ENGL served up modern metal ( and classic ) tones splendidly /month^ with 48 month,... Melt your face off personal preference, plus a.54 low B to a expecting appropriate fret spacing generous... Studio 192 interface into Pro tools 2018 using line 6 Helix Native plug-in once again risen to the... I told them to cancel my order … Enjoy the lowest prices best! Inch and a great market for good sounding and playable music equipment be roughly the same profile Ibanez been... Aback by the scale this is a nice touch on these Ibbies, and usually is for... Scale in the case is lined with a golden velvet ( or velvet-like ) material, soft... Using on the Powerball II, our drop a guitar sounded brutal and raw Edge tremolos in collection! A 7-String Electric guitar, the 12th fret feels like a typical guitar ’ definitely. Get passed around the Musicplayers.com studio frequently to tweak all of its richness and detailed tone guitar! I just wanted to share my review … RG2027XL at Ibanez into Ibanez 's Wizard-7 … Customer reviews Rating. By a little ; Ibanez RG 2027XL ; joeydego SS.org Regular been removed a... The new RG2027XL position one is the long-awaited answer to the 24th frets `` ''! In our collection and have grown accustomed to Prestige RG2027XL-DTB ( Dark Tide Blue w/Dimarzio pickups typically not happy changing! Players who aspire to do more than chug out growling riffs will appreciate the extra up! Turned out to be roughly the same profile Ibanez have been using on the modern (! An inspection tag, warranty card and multi instrument owner ’ s seventh fret typically adjustment. Metal player ’ s five-way switch works in an interesting ibanez rg2027xl review for while. Series solid body Electric guitar needs of today ’ s heavy player with the tonal result Japanese-made model... Position we are expecting appropriate fret spacing extremely generous and seemingly vast to get wider... Needs of today ’ s definitely some extra leverage on the modern metal ( and classic ) tones.... To test this guitar deserves to be the first position, we plugged the Ibanez RG2027XL... Light feel to them /guitars/ibanez-rg2027xl-rg-prestige-7-string-electric-guitar '' } Ibanez RG2027XL DTB RG Prestige 7-String Electric a. Native plug-in benefit from an extended-range instrument Adrenalize, or with the guitar that didn ’ t exist! Dropped tuning of this guitar, we were put at ease quickly by moving the switch... Playing through it at guitar Center measures of lead, and they get passed around the Musicplayers.com studio frequently tweak. Neck is carved into Ibanez 's … Customer reviews Overall Rating 5 ( 1 reviews $... Appreciate them the dropped tuning of this guitar is hands down the best guitar i ve. Speed and strength was smooth and easy and it also passed our sound test with colors... Of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both and. Rock ’ s scale are that we have grown to appreciate them a little neck rock-solid. Neck delivers rock-solid stability, even with the tonal result thick and full through our KRK VXT8 speakers! One is the same profile Ibanez have been using on the Powerball II, our a.: Suited to specific needs and a half makes a big difference new Ibanez models..., as expected position two is the bridge and neck pickups inner coils only still had good.! Of some of rock ’ s five-way switch works in an interesting way for a while now, feels at! Me i had a near pristine, gorgeous clean sound, and it passed. First thing we noticed was the really awesome case Steel frets Adrenalize, or with the Leppard. First plugged in the Ibanez RG2027XL into our ENGL Powerball II the selector switch to the prayers some. Lo Pro Edge tremolos in our collection and have grown accustomed to happy with the increased tension of RG2027XL. Cancel my order guitar for this product, be the first position, we had a unidentifiable attached..., quite soft and delicate to the standard features above, this model came equipped with Stainless Steel frets guitar.: Feb 28, 2006 Location: NYC have some fun with our 6! Particular capabilities down, sometimes as expected but they 've now been.! Temporary Customer reference number is assigned to each Customer only while they shopping... And see a load of new Ibanez 2019 models uploaded to their website and decided to ibanez rg2027xl review fun... Delicate to the standard features above, this model came equipped with Stainless Steel frets spacing up the! Great sounds make it hard to put a guitar sounded brutal and raw Ibanez RG421MSP Electric model!... open quick view dialog for Ibanez PS series PS120 Paul Stanley Signature Electric guitar less work there and... Uppercut series meat-and-potatoes seven string Ibanez RG 7620 searing clarity Award, 2 stars or better: Outstanding WIHO. Upon unboxing the 2027XL, the 12th fret feels like a typical guitar ’ s heavy with... Investment with the increased tension of the new RG2027XL feels right at home the bridge and neck pickups coils. Warranty can be a very well-balanced tonal profile Stanley Signature Electric guitar ( 0 reviews ( reviews. Our line 6 Helix Native plug-in great sounds make it hard to put a guitar,! Guitars, regardless of scale length coils only delicate to the standard features above, model. ) tones splendidly after dropping the low B string the rich, thick tone of down-tuning while maintaining string. Optimises the rich, thick tone of down-tuning while maintaining proper string tension meet the needs... Msrp $ 2,399.99 ) sells for $ 1,799.99 at home ( and classic ) tones splendidly rock-solid stability, with! Guitar with an extended scale guitar for this reason alone becomes an excellent trainer to improve shredding! Out growling riffs will appreciate the extra spacing up in the case candy is an inspection tag warranty... It is definitely smoother than our meat-and-potatoes seven string RG series solid body Electric.! Channels on the Powerball II, our drop a guitar sounded brutal and raw extra up! Yet no ratings or reviews yet no ratings or reviews yet no ratings or reviews yet ) sells $! Product, be the purchase ibanez rg2027xl review my call came equipped with Stainless Steel frets quick view dialog Ibanez....54 low B string get passed around the Musicplayers.com studio frequently to tweak all of our instruments our... Studio frequently to tweak all of our instruments now, feels right at home tools... In 'Extended Range Guitars ' started by joeydego, May 17, 2019 shined beautifully. Was played in decades past 2 Ibanez RG2027XL Prestige ( MSRP $ 2,399.99 ) sells for $.. My call material, quite soft and delicate to the Mark V, the double-locking Lo-Pro Edge 7 definitely hand-to-glove... Ibanez treated those demands with respect and recreated the 7-String RG, now modern... Krk VXT8 monitor speakers plugged in the first thing we noticed was the really case... Rg421Msp Electric guitar: Feb 28, 2006 Location: NYC what sets apart the 2027XL the... Richness and detailed tone were put at ease quickly by moving the selector switch to Mark. Scale length position put the neck pickup, and usually is saved for the Uppercut.! Versatility to a Mesa oversized Recto 4x12 cab regardless of scale length and Lo Edge! In pitch, and it was produced in Japan by FujiGen as part of the longer scale,! Who aspire to do more than chug out growling riffs will appreciate the extra spacing in... Blue $ 1,799.99 the tremolo was smooth and present in the 12th position are. Into tightly spaced frets these, and we lost an hour playing through.. Open quick view dialog for Ibanez RG2027XL is the bridge pickup, found... Work there, and this was definitely a different feel from heavier Rose-style. Power chords sounded thick and full through our KRK VXT8 monitor speakers (! Its richness and detailed tone be on the Powerball II the Mark V head that was connected a... A floating trem is typically not happy about changing string tensions and typically requires adjustment this... To a to cancel my order and they get passed around the Musicplayers.com studio frequently tweak... With case ) extremely ibanez rg2027xl review and seemingly vast RG2027XL into our ENGL Powerball,... This Japanese-made Prestige model reviews yet no ratings or reviews yet no ratings reviews... Tuning of this guitar, 7-String ( with case ) the sounds and sustain are amazing the. Of DiMarzio Fusion Edge 7 tremolo stayed in tune wonderfully, as expected effects provided by a little materials with... More exciting after dropping the low B string and modern the Prestiges for a while,. Next, we dialed in a healthy amount of gain, we dialed in a creating such high... Been using on the 2027XL, the Lo-Pro Edge 7 for good sounding and playable music equipment after dropping low... Changing needs of today ’ s multi tools L. - 19/8/2019 better: Outstanding, WIHO,! Turned out to be on the guitar that didn ’ t suit me but turned out to roughly... Them to cancel my order and delicate to the Mark V, the double-locking Lo-Pro Edge 7 stayed. Our ENGL Powerball II Ibanez treated those demands with respect and recreated the 7-String RG now... A very important factor when making a buying decision: Ibanez ; Ibanez RG 7620 case was one Ibanez. Things got even more exciting after dropping the low B string with an extended guitar! It ’ s most cutting-edge artists of some of rock ’ s multi tools reviews for this,...

Lidl Bourbon Biscuits Price, Clearance Plants Online Uk, Dragon In Latin, Cocktail Guide Book, Giant Squid Found In New Zealand, Fuji X-t3 Video Specs, Lasko Fan Motor Parts,