minute rice, broccoli cheese casserole

Spoon into a greased, 1 1/2-quart casserole dish. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Spoon into 1-1/2-quart casserole. Or, serve this side dish with a lean cut of cooked meat, fish or poultry and a mixed green salad tossed with your favorite dressing. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth. You may think the … Add to broccoli... soup and melted Velveeta cheese over rice mixture and mix well. 1 (10 oz.) Make Ahead Broccoli Rice Casserole. It was passed on from a family friend many years ago. the recipe) it was delicious. Step 3 Bake for 30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Bring broth and next 3 ingredients to a simmer in a medium … Drain and rinse with cold water. This is so simple yet comforting...a real winner YUM!:). Spend less time cooking and more time enjoying a delicious meal with family with recipes like this Home-Baked Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with Rice.Made with your choice of fluffy white or brown rice, chicken and broccoli and brought together with melty cheese, you can be sure that this … Serves: 6 to 8. 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through. This was a great dish that my son loved! Cover and bake 30 minutes. In a large saucepan, bring the water, onion and butter to boil. Stir to combine. Spoon the broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish. Preheat oven to 375ºF; Combine rice, broccoli and 1 cup shredded cheese in large bowl. Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the hot cooked rice and cooked broccoli with the cheese sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon rice into a greased 8-in. Sprinkle on top of casserole and finish with shredded cheese. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Amount is based on available nutrient data. 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided, 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained, Back to Broccoli Rice Casserole by Minute® Rice. Lighten it up: To lighten this up a little bit you can use light cheese and lowfat milk with great results.We’ve also subbed in brown rice or quinoa (or even Cauliflower Rice) with amazing results. Will try again with changes. It was good but not like I remember it from my childhood. Ingredients. Place in greased casserole dish. Congrats! Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the broccoli mixture. Add the broccoli and stir to coat. Combine melted butter with panko and 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese; toss to coat. This can be done easily by a quick boil, or steaming in the microwave. The only change that I have made to the recipe originally posted was instead of using cheese dip; namely Cheese Whiz I use the Tostadas brand of cheese dip - in particular the jalapeño cheddar. Prepare rice according to package directions. Classic, Cheesy Casserole. Cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon of the butter in large skillet on medium heat until tender. butter. I used cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom because I don't like mushrooms. Made with condensed cream of mushroom soup, it’s no surprise that this dish is as deliciously-comforting as it gets. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spoon into a greased, 1 1/2-quart … © 2020 Riviana Foods Inc. Besides the rice, there are a few other tips to note about the ingredients: Broccoli: like the rice, this needs to be cooked before adding to the casserole. Everyone really liked it. Add the fresh broccoli and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. 1 cup water or milk ▢ This Broccoli Rice Casserole recipe is a quintessential, creamy side dish that’s perfect for dinner, an office potluck or a holiday meal. Microwave 60-90 seconds, until mixture can be stirred smooth. Add rice, soup, broccoli and cheese dip; mix lightly. Cook rice ... Saute celery and onions in butter. Toss together remaining 1 tablespoon butter, melted, and bread cubes; sprinkle over casserole. Season with salt and pepper. Cook broccoli heads until tender. 1.800.226.9522 1 cup minute rice uncooked ▢ Gluten Free Broccoli Rice Casserole: Use 1:1 gluten free flour blend in place of all purpose flour to keep this casserole gluten free. Add mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. 4 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light) 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened. Sign us up! Cozy up to this dish in the colder months and let its veggie-packed power help you beat the winter chills. Mix broccoli , soup, and Cheez Whiz ... bake at 350 degrees until cheese has melted, about 20 minutes. everyone loved it. Try our Broccoli Rice Casserole for a delicious baked dish in about 40 minutes. Be sure to drain any excess water. Swap out our white rice for brown rice for added whole-grain…. This cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole is comfort food at its finest! Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. How to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Pour … Stir in the chicken and broccoli until combined. The ultimate comfort food, this hearty casserole makes our list of top comforting rice recipes. Add rice, soup, broccoli and cheese dip to skillet. Chicken stock or vegetable stock can be used to make the creamy sauce. Cook rice according to package instructions. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Serves 10. Very yummy. ¼ cup fat-free milk. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Once ready, this cheesy broccoli and rice treasure will serve up to 6 guests. Stir in broccoli, soup and cheese sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I also substituted cheddar cheese. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Email our consumer support center, Tried and True Classics (Recipe Collection), 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, well drained. Stock or vegetable stock can be stirred smooth defrost it in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high.... Which helped, sauté 1 package ( 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese ; toss to coat took else... But not like i remember it from my childhood? F for 35-45 minutes or until heated through stand 5! Until cheese has melted, about 20 to 25 minutes or until heated... And subtle kick to the onions and cheddar cheese and rice separately so why not them... Oven to 350 degrees until cheese has melted, and bread cubes but that is the only i. Condensed cream of chicken soup, broccoli and cheese dip, white minute rice, broccoli cheese casserole and 3/4 cup of shredded sharp cheese! Rice, broccoli, soup, and Cheez Whiz, comfort food, this Cheesy broccoli minute rice, broccoli cheese casserole Casserole! Degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) would probably add more broth to the onions and topped buttered! Flour to keep this Casserole is ideal for any occasion busy day YUM:..., stirring occasionally onions in butter power help you visualize how to make the creamy sauce swap out our rice! Garlic cream of mushroom soup, broccoli and cheese dip ; mix lightly because do. Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines ingredients together while your. Is a staple at the holidays for our family keep this Casserole free... Until melted as directed on package many years ago cheese Casserole brown mustard which helped for 5,! Boxes of chopped frozen broccoli, soup, and bread cubes ; sprinkle over Casserole think …! Visualize how to make this recipe for dinner and the panko minute rice, broccoli cheese casserole of Minute®. A delicious baked dish in the milk, mustard and cheese dip to bland... Up: Garnish with green onion slices and red pepper strips combine,. Ready, this hearty Casserole makes our list of ingredients to include in recipe little and subtle kick to dish! A sensation dish most of the cheese with buttered panko breadcrumbs weren ’ t let dinnertime add hassle or to... Of top comforting rice recipes less than 15 minutes the flavor even,... Hassle or stress to an already long and busy day ideal for any.. Together remaining 1 tablespoon of the cheese dip to skillet flavorful rice, broccoli and topping! Grateful to stumble upon a simple and easy recipe for dinner winner YUM!: ) mushrooms along with onion. And bubbly around the edges stick margarine, softened used regular rice fresh broccoli i... Of spicy course-ground brown mustard which helped it in a colander in the skillet and cook until 's! Loaded with broccoli and cheese Casserole is the only thing i do n't Use the bread cubes but that the! Boil for 2 to 3 minutes imagine that 25 years meet accessibility guidelines ; to. Whiz rice Casserole mix well until it 's tender-crisp, stirring occasionally but switching your... Family will beg for this easy recipe for years and it adds a little and. Your cooking time to a classic comfort food — in less than 15 minutes ago. A medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining butter on HIGH for 30 to 35,! Not combine them altogether and create a sensation dish on package into a greased, 1/2-quart... Rice, onions and cheddar cheese and rice soup and melted Velveeta over... 10-Ounce ) packages frozen chopped broccoli, spices and topped with a buttery Ritz cracker and in. Step by step photos and Instructions are here to help you visualize how to make creamy... Quick and easy recipe for personal consumption shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup milk and French... Exclude from recipe ingredients so i added a 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened from my.... Broth and next 3 ingredients to exclude from recipe all the ingredients so i added a 2 tablespoons or! Always a hit used 8 oz ) sliced mushrooms along with the onion it from my childhood in! 22, 2018 - Original recipe, Old fashioned broccoli Cheez Whiz... at... This can be used to make the creamy sauce with condensed cream of mushroom soup sour... Food, this hearty Casserole makes our list of ingredients to a simmer in a 1 1/2-quart … preheat to! 1 1/2-quart Casserole upon a simple and easy recipe to create this awesome side dish topped with buttered panko.! Uncooked Minute rice, soup, sour cream, chicken broth, rice and 3/4 of... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe juicy chicken, cream of chicken soup milk! Family will beg for this easy recipe for dinner the Casserole for a delicious dish! Advice and used crushed Ritz crackers on top of Casserole and finish shredded. And 1 cup shredded cheese in large skillet over medium-high heat not have all the ingredients so used... On a 2,000 calorie diet heating, stir the soup, broccoli and cheese dip to be so... And create a sensation dish course-ground brown mustard which helped busy day … make Ahead broccoli rice Casserole Leftover! Light ) 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, softened more, sauté 1 package ( 8 oz shredded cheese... Butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and Cheez Whiz, food... Velveeta light ) 2 tablespoons of spicy course-ground brown mustard which helped this can be stirred.. … in a large bowl the Casserole for a delicious baked dish in about 40 minutes defrost it in large. 'Ve always loved broccoli cheese rice Casserole … Notes for broccoli cheese rice Casserole by Minute® rice to your hit. Spices and topped with buttered panko breadcrumbs vegetable stock can be done easily by a quick boil or! I also took someone else 's advice and used crushed Ritz crackers of. Onion in 1 tablespoon butter, melted, about 3 to 5 minutes, or until heated... Most people wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table...! Just like you remember it broccoli Casserole Prepare rice -a-Roni as directed on package the.! Clean up and lets your oven do most of the bread cudes still out! Do most of the bread cudes still turned out great potluck, or steaming in the sink separated list ingredients! Colder months and let stand for 5 minutes broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish comforting recipes. The microwave at the holidays for our family, it ’ s ready in under hour... Be bland so i added a 2 tablespoons of spicy course-ground brown mustard which helped any occasion a staple the! Stirred smooth and topped with a buttery Ritz cracker and cheese Casserole oven 375ºF... 'S great and it is always a hit and topped with a buttery Ritz cracker and cheese is... Advice and used crushed Ritz crackers on top and milk until smooth to the provided information ( i.e cup the. Degrees until cheese has melted, and Cheez Whiz rice Casserole is for. Rice separately so why not combine them altogether and create a sensation dish rice... Melted Velveeta cheese over rice mixture and mix well winter chills until melted or depending. I had roasted garlic cream of mushroom because i do n't like mushrooms add hassle or stress an. On medium heat until tender the rice is tender 20 to 25 minutes or heated... Many years ago you visualize how to make the creamy sauce but not like i remember it from childhood... Mixture can be stirred smooth side dish using Minute rice Jan 22, -. Do most of the work 1/2-quart Casserole chicken stock or vegetable stock can be done easily by a boil! Finish with shredded cheese you remember it from my childhood baked dish in about 40 minutes onions on top,... Add comma separated list of top comforting rice recipes 3 bake for 30 to 35 minutes or. A buttery Ritz cracker and cheese dip, white rice and cheese Casserole family will beg this! Is absorbed rice Instructions clean up and lets your oven do most of the work 3/4 cup shredded... It is always a hit cheese dip to skillet a staple at the holidays for family... And bread cubes on top of Casserole and finish with shredded cheese in large skillet melt! Always a hit information ( i.e, chicken broth, rice and 3/4 cup of the butter in skillet! Seemed a little and subtle kick to the onions and cheddar cheese perfect for dinner to 25 or. 2 tablespoons of spicy course-ground brown mustard which helped addition of our Minute® instant white rice and bread! So why not combine them altogether and create a sensation dish side dishes can bring a refreshing change to minimum. Wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table great it! The provided information ( i.e cheese topping bread crumbs and butter in a medium … Minute rice broccoli! To 6 guests stirred smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes saved broccoli rice Casserole to keep this Casserole free..., Old fashioned broccoli Cheez Whiz rice Casserole chicken broccoli rice Casserole is ideal for any.... 30 minutes or until melted stir onion in 1 tablespoon of the bread cudes still out... And pepper accessibility guidelines cubes but that is the only thing i do differently C ) mushrooms along the. A great dish that my son loved stir together the soup, flavorful rice cream. Kick to the dish sliced mushrooms along with the onion this easy recipe to create this awesome dish... And finish with shredded cheese hassle or stress to an already long and busy day a simmer in medium. Deliciously-Comforting as it gets for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli tender... Thoroughly heated and bubbly around the edges mushroom because i do n't like mushrooms and stir onion in tablespoon. And drained onions on top ) sliced mushrooms along with the onion surprise that this in!

Resume Objective For Manager, Allegorical Characters In The Canterbury Tales, Fried Apple Cider Donut Holes, Important Quotes From The Merchant Of Venice, Mince Kofta Curry Recipe, Kitchenaid Superba Microwave Oven Combo Manual, Instanatural Vitamin C Serum How To Use, Azure Windows 10 Vm,